16 September 2012

Procrastination Death: Just Start Yesterday


Just start yesterday 


Procrastination


It has been apart of our lives at some point. Whether we choose to admit it or not, you too have procrastinated. 

Procrastination by Rennet Stowe(Creative Commons) 


Procrastination is a Bully

For a substantial amount of time I was the reigning queen of procrastination. I would mutter such phrases as " I work best under pressure" and " I will have more time to do it later".

 These statements are false!

I was seated on the thrown of procrastination. High and mighty I reigned, yet very unproductive. I was truly busy. I have always had a family, and a job to maintain.

While being busy, I wanted more. Perhaps  wanted is an understatement. I yearned for more. Not for more busy ,but for more of life. I truly wanted to participate in life. I wanted to start living my life the life of my dreams.

When thought of researching my dream would boldly show up, I would always talk myself out of it. As if I had the nerve to think I could add fulfillment and satisfaction into my busy.

I beat myself up each time I thought about devoting time to my dream. Until the day I stood up to myself and my busy and I started!

Just that simple, I began typing out my ideas and devised a plan for the rest of my life.

Enduring Postponement

Standing up to myself meant a lot . I worked on an action plan for two whole days. Soon, I thought I deserved a break. After all, I had done so well the past two whole days.

Jeff Goins speaks about reverse procrastination. This post was a few years late for me. According to the journal dates of my action plan that break lasted approximately four months.

The procrastination bully returned. I invited procrastination back in and it took over.

Reviewing my mistakes, I realized I did not deserve a break but I did deserve to pursue my dreams. I have turned those dreams into goals that I plan on achieving. I have committed the next few week to a series of steps to unveiling You.


You as in …
                        Who you are.
                        Where you want to be.
                        What is your plan to get there.




It’s not enough to commit to someone else without committing to you first. If you would like to beat procrastination, feel free to join me by responding, “I’m in”.


SKYE


P.S. Life is a journey of progress, lets go!

Photo Credit: Rennet Stowe

No comments: